General Question

_Whitetigress's avatar

Could you help me find an HDMI compatible cable for my Early 13" MacBook Pro 2011?

Asked by _Whitetigress (4362points) November 25th, 2012

I think I need to go USB into an additional converter but I don’t which it is. Help would be much appreciated!

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Tropical_Willie's avatar

I think you need a mini DVI to HDMI like THIS

jerv's avatar

That isn’t USB. Mini Displayport is something else entirely. @Tropical_Willie And no, it isn’t DVI either. The Powerbook G4 is a whole other beast with a totally different connector.

Try this

_Whitetigress's avatar

@jerv hmm the mini displayport on my macbook shows a lightning bolt symbol next to it… I wonder if it’s Thunderbolt (transfer) approved only?

jrpowell's avatar

It should work. Thunderbolt uses the same plug as mini-displayport. Thunderbolt is pretty much an expansion on the spec.

“And because Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, the video standard for high-resolution displays, any Mini DisplayPort display plugs right into the Thunderbolt port. To connect a DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA display, just use an existing adapter.”

From here

So a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI should work.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther