General Question

lightsourcetrickster's avatar

What style of art is being used here?

Asked by lightsourcetrickster (1902points) January 8th, 2013

is currently my desktop wallpaper. I really like it because of the old school look it has and it’s very simple. Just a bunch of basic shapes and gradients. What I need to know is do you know what style of art this is called, and more specifically do you know of any exact links where I might be able to find more examples of this?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

jerv's avatar

Looks like Art Deco to me. I can’t find much for links right now (it’s almost bedtime and brain is mush) but the bold colors and simple shapes bring up that 1920s-40s deco vibe.

A little Googling netted me:
Same style
More art deco

Earthgirl's avatar

I agree with @jerv . It looks Art Deco. You might like Tamara Lempicka
Old travel posters are often in the style od Art Deco too. There are lots more if you search for them.

lightsourcetrickster's avatar

I thought as much, just thought I’d get some opinions on it to see if I was right or not. Thanks for the answers @jerv @Earthgirl

zensky's avatar

Reminds me of the art in some Batman feature-length cartoons. Let me look for it.

Something like this

lightsourcetrickster's avatar

Ha. Batman Arkham Asylum. That walk down that bloody corridor is TOO bastardin’ long!

zenvelo's avatar

There is a bit of streamline moderne thrown into it.

lightsourcetrickster's avatar

Very slightly yes. I remember painting in that sort of style but thinking of attempting it in Photoshop now.

wundayatta's avatar

Art Deco. I agree with the others who said that.

Go to Miami.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther