General Question

JAS08on's avatar

Trying to get a copy of a Marriage Certificate.

Asked by JAS08on (18points) May 20th, 2014

Hello, I’m Jason, and my question today is how do I get a copy of a Marriage Certificate. Not for me, but, for my niece who is 18 years old. My niece is 18 years old and she is trying to get a copy of her mother’s Marriage Certificate from when her mom got married and when she got Divorced. The date from when her mom got married until when her mom got Divorced. The city where her mom got married was, I believe was Waukegan Illinois and the city where her mom got a Divorce was Waukegan Illinois. My niece would ask her mom, but her mom has been in and out of prison and she doesn’t have it any more. So what should my niece do? Or what website does she go to?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

Seaofclouds's avatar

She would need to go through the same place for the marriage and divorce certificate (Vital Services). Finding out all the information may be difficult to find. She would be best to ask other friends and family members to see if they can help with any of the information.

janbb's avatar

You keep asking the same question and we keep answering the same thing. She has to go to the Hall or Records or archive office of that town. Look up the web site for the town, find out from it the phone number of the place where they archive the records and call them. There is no easy answer – she has to do the leg work.

JLeslie's avatar

Here is the link give them a call. County employees are usually very knowledgable and helpful in matters like this. They will tell you exactly what you need to know.

pleiades's avatar

Usually you can access the city marriage dept

josie's avatar

City Hall. It is a public record.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther