Social Question

What kitchen appliances do you have that you feel were incredible buying decisions?

Asked by jca (35976points) April 2nd, 2017

I ask this as I am watching QVC “In the Kitchen with David” and he is promoting a Vitamix. I don’t have one and don’t intend to purchase one, but it’s very tempting.

I have never purchased anything from a TV store such as QVC but I enjoy watching the banter and watching them cook. It’s like watching a cooking show.

I have a breadmaker but it’s been put away somewhere because it took up a lot of cabinet space and I hardly used it. The loaves of bread were not that big and they were very crusty which is not really what I prefer.

I have a waffle maker which I do use occasonally and it doesn’t take up a lot of space. I also have two crock pots which I have used when I had parties. They take up space in the cabinets but I consider them something practical to have around.

My sister gave me the Nutri-Bullet which is an incredible blender. I also have a Keurig which I worship and use daily. I have the one that holds a lot of water.

I don’t have a microwave or toaster oven.

I’m not someone that cooks a lot because it’s usually just me and my elementary school aged child.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

10 Answers

My titanium ceramic Gotham steel frying pan. Only cost me $20 and is scratch resistant.

Aeternum pressure cooker, super-safe and compact.

A set of pricy ceramic cookware. We have stopped cooking with oil because we simply don’t need it anymore.

My dad bought my mother a new refrigerator in 1968. I bought it from them in 1998 for $100.

A mini freezer for the storage room. Also a GE stainless steel from the past toaster .

I have a simple wedge shaped jar opener.. No moving parts, it works perfectly every time.

I just found that I asked this question in 2013. Read on, your responses might be here:

https://www.fluther.com/167360/what-kitchen-appliances-do-you-have-that-are-dust-collectors-and/

Our Kitchenaid Mixer is going fifteen years strong. It’s a workhorse that gets used almost daily.

More recently, our Nespresso Machine is a welcome addition to the house. It’s heavy duty and makes yummy coffee and espresso.

@jca: Since your last question, we’ve upgraded our Nespresso machine to the one above.

I got a really nice stick blender from Costco for $20. They’re usually 30 and up. It is so nice to be able to blend soup right in the pot, rather than to try to dump hot soup into a regular blender. This saves having to dump anything and risk burning yourself or spilling soup all over the place.

Since I live alone part-time, a toaster oven is essential. Not only does it toast various sizes of bread, it bakes single serving items.

The SO bought an electric kettle that heats one cup at a time. It’s our favorite and most used appliance.

The yogurt maker. We bought the most basic one available. It is used about once a week to make a new lite batch. It’s cheap and we know that there are no additional ingredients added.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
or
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther