General Question

RedDeerGuy1's avatar

What is the name of the machine in my avatar?

Asked by RedDeerGuy1 (24649points) October 3rd, 2020

I will keep my avatar for a week or till we figure out what this machine is.

My guess is a pile driver or some kind of auger.

It drills holes in the ground and leaves what looks like metal or concrete in the hole.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

12 Answers

Brian1946's avatar

It would help if you rotated the image 90ยบ clockwise.

anniereborn's avatar

That’s a bunny thing.

RedDeerGuy1's avatar

It won’t rotate. I took 10 different pictures at different angles. It just won’t work properly. Sorry.

RedDeerGuy1's avatar

I spent 30 minutes trying to fix it. I had to give up because it was frustrating me.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

A trebuchet like this or a guillotine !

RedDeerGuy1's avatar

@Tropical_Willie It is in a construction site. It isn’t a trebuchet or a guillotine. It is like a crane but puts holes in the ground. Sorry for the poor picture. I will give up for now. Changing my avatar back to Psyduck and Herman cartoon for now.

I might try again when the sun rises and glare is minimal.

RedDeerGuy1's avatar

@Tropical_Willie Ok a Jelly sent me this photo. It is very much like my avatar. I will keep for a while. Is it a pile driver?

SQUEEKY2's avatar

It looks like a pile driver.

kritiper's avatar

It could be a pile driver. I have seen machines similar here that drill large holes to set pilings in concrete or to set drain pipes in the ground for sewage treatment plants.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

Pile driver used for piers and seawalls.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther