General Question

Bri_L's avatar

How do I produce that "beep" made to cover up inappropriate language on tv?

Asked by Bri_L (12219points) October 6th, 2008

Can I just down load it somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

10 Answers

Fallenangel's avatar

If you have a vid editing program or even just audio, record it from somewhere and just edit it in.
That’s what i did with TV static for a few of the videos I made.

robmandu's avatar

You apparently want a 1kHz tone.

< < anxiously awaiting sndfreQ‘s input on this one.

Bri_L's avatar

@ Fallenangel – I do have that and can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Thanks

@ Robmandu – I could not find this searching. I never thought of just simply typing freesound. Sometimes I make things difficult on myself. Thanks!

fireside's avatar

Great site, rob.

Bri-L – you should use this one

Bri_L's avatar

Hahaha – that is great!

sndfreQ's avatar

Yes that would be correct; the idea is that a 1000 Hertz sine wave is the Test Tone used to calibrate broadcasting audio equipment. It’s a solid, non-wavering tone that sits “smack dab” in the center of the sound frequency spectrum, and virtually all audio broadcast systems/stations have this test tone readily on hand to check signal paths (channels).

Bri_L's avatar

thanks all!!!

goldmine178's avatar

Download tone generator on you can mix this file in you editor or you can simply ajust your pitch on a snyth sample tone

Bri_L's avatar

Thanks goldmine178. what an appropriate name! as in goldmine of info!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther