General Question

Raggedy_Ann's avatar

Where can I find a needle for a turntable?

Asked by Raggedy_Ann (455points) January 21st, 2009

Husband owns a Technics turntable that he bought over 25 years ago. The original needle just broke so now we are in need of a new one. Does anyone know of a website where we could possibly order one?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

c_gunningham's avatar

I’m in the UK but assuming you are in the US try here

robmandu's avatar

What kind of turntable are we talking about?

Raggedy_Ann's avatar

The brand name looks to be Technics. He purchased this along with a receiver, tape deck and speakers while stationed in Germany in the mid 1980’s. So for the needle to last this long is remarkable…at least to me. That’s the only info I know off the top of my head. I’m not near the turntable at this time.

robmandu's avatar

@Raggedy_Ann, try @c_gunningham‘s site. It offers the ability to identify what you need by cartridge number, needle number, set maker’s model number, or even just by looking at pictures for a visual match.

Raggedy_Ann's avatar

I glanced at it, the website, earlier and I agree it looks like it may hold the answer. Thanks to every one for the assistance.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther