General Question

VisionaryAdvait's avatar

I am trying to find what someone typed into Firefox on a particular site?

Asked by VisionaryAdvait (167points) July 7th, 2009

I am trying to find some information on what someone was on on my computer on a particular site, and what information they typed in. They probably used a username and something else. The computer is not used often so I do nor think the cache was cleared in the past month it was entered. This has to be stored somewhere on my computer?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

VisionaryAdvait's avatar

I am not trying to get a password. Only information that would have been visible when typed in.

squilky's avatar

You would need a keystroke logger to capture what they are typing. I’m not sure of the legality of using one without them knowing. If it’s a personal friend or family member, it’s really just sneaky on your part. If you do it in a place of business without warning the person of the possibility first, there could be some legal issues there.

julia999's avatar

I word-for-word agree with squilky. A key logger logs all keystrokes that are typed during a session and can usually be run off a USB.
I hope that it’s not for a malicious reason, so good luck!
Also, you could try asking your friend if the situation permits.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther