General Question

samrhymrs's avatar

Which atomic structures go with metals/non metals?

Asked by samrhymrs (1points) February 27th, 2008 from iPhone


Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

8lightminutesaway's avatar

I’m assuming you haven’t gotten an answer to your question for 2 months because you’re question isn’t specific and doesn’t really make sense (no offense…) What are you looking you for? I’d be glad to help if I can, I’m a chem eng major and helping ppl with their chemistry helps me remember and get better at it!

Beans4life's avatar

Ok well I’m no expert but i can say I’m good at Chemistry. Non-metals I know for sure are reactive to Alkalai-Metals those. The Alkalai-Metals are found in the first two groups or columns (families) on the Periodic Chart – Hydrogen they are solids and they are very reactive. The Non-Metals are Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Oxygen, Flourine, Sulfur, Chlorine, Selenium, Bromine, Iodine, they don’t conduct heat or electricity. But to answer your question straight forwards I would need to know which metals/non-metals you were talking about and the value of their Valence Electrons

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther