General Question

DarlingRhadamanthus's avatar

What is the name of that DIY (do-it-yourself) furniture refinisher that is advertised in infomercials? UK/USA?

Asked by DarlingRhadamanthus (11273points) February 4th, 2010

Hi…I saw an infomercial for a furniture refinisher that you apply, it dries and it takes off the old finish quite readily. It has been on sale for years…and I cannot find the name of the product or the company. I have seen the ads on TV in the UK, but it is an American commercial (and I know it is sold in the USA). I have seen this commercial while flipping through channels tens of times, but now that I need the product…I can’t find it! If you have a site for a UK vendor that would be great…but if all you have is the name of the product…at least that’s a start! Thank you!

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

stranger_in_a_strange_land's avatar

I hardly ever watch TV anymore, but years ago there was a refinishing kit marketed under the name of Homer Formby’s. I’ve used the product on some old pieces and got good results. The tung oil finish is quite good.

SeventhSense's avatar

^ that’s what i was thinking of

pearls's avatar

Is it Back to Nature Ready Strip. You apply it and when it turns green you can scrap off the old finish. I have used it before, and it is quite good.

Tropical_Willie's avatar


Try Formsby’s tung oil…...

DarlingRhadamanthus's avatar

Thanks sooooooooooo much for the answers….I think it is “Back to Nature” because I remember that it did turn a different color….! Super…now I have a lead….!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther