General Question

elenuial's avatar

I just had strong heart palpitations and tasted blood. Should I see a doctor?

Asked by elenuial (1403points) March 10th, 2010

I get heart palps every few months or so, which I’m told is not unusual, but this is the first time I’ve tasted the faintest bit of blood afterwards. I’ve been under an unusual amount of stress lately, so I’d guess it has to do with that, but guessing is not knowing.

I figure I’ll mention it at my next yearly checkup (whenever that is). Is it a good idea to see a doctor sooner?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

16 Answers

wundayatta's avatar

I’m not a doctor, but I’m curious—do you have any stomach pain?

PS, I think you should at least call a doctor and ask them if you should come in.

elenuial's avatar

Nope. No stomach pain at all.

lucillelucillelucille's avatar

If you are worried enough to pose this question here,I think you should go to the doctor sooner.

zina's avatar

Is there a free advice line or anything you can call through your doctor / hospital / health insurance / whatever you have?

Every provider I’ve had has had something like this and it might take a few tries to get someone smart and thorough, but I usually end up with more information and a sense of whether I need to go in.

TILA_ABs_NoMore's avatar

Sounds like you might be pregnant! LOL..Im sorry…inappropriate AnswerBag humor ;-)

Yes…go see a doctor!!!

Captain_Fantasy's avatar

Don’t mess around. Always treat heart issues seriously. Call a doctor today.

elenuial's avatar

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I’ve called someone, and have an appointment set up for Monday. They said, given symptoms, it’s probably okay to wait until then, but if it shows up again before Monday to pretty much go straight to the emergency room.

Again, thanks! Being dead is not high on my list of priorities. :)

MorenoMelissa1's avatar

Sounds to me like your having what is called a peptic ulcer which can be trigger by high stress levels. I would advice seeing a doctor immediately.

CyanoticWasp's avatar

Nah, don’t worry about it. Save the time and money for now and let the Medical Examiner see you at the appropriate time to fill out the Death Certificate.

josie's avatar

I would

Grisaille's avatar

Daw, congratulations.

snowberry's avatar

In my experience, if I call my doctor to ask, they always, always say, “I can’t tell you if it’s a problem. Make an appointment”.

Cruiser's avatar

You are a vampire and just don’t know it yet. You might find answers here….

Just trying to take your mind off this….hope you get answers and get well!!

faye's avatar

I would expect any blood to come from your GI system. I don’t believe your heart would bleed into your mouth even if stabbed. But certainly worth calling a doctor. Google up some anatomy pictures and you’ll feel better maybe.

jamesver5's avatar

You may be suffering from FVT (fascicular ventricular tachycardia)
It is characterized by relatively narrow QRS complex and right bundle branch block pattern. The QRS axis depends on which fascicle is involved in the re-entry. Left axis deviation is noted with left posterior fascicular tachycardia and right axis deviation with left anterior fascicular tachycardia.

elenuial's avatar

@jamesver5 I don’t suppose you’d be willing to translate that into laymen’s terms?

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther