General Question

tadpole's avatar

Is there such a thing as a firewire to USB 2.0 adaptor or converter?

Asked by tadpole (709points) June 13th, 2010

i only have usb 1.1…

i need usb 2.0…

i have a firewire 400 port…

i have an ipad, and to sync it for activation and updates requires usb 2.0…

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

dpworkin's avatar

Here is a link for a USB 2.0 card. You can also purchase an adapter, but why not have a few fast ports?

Rarebear's avatar

There really isn’t a good USB to firwire connector—They are completely different protocols. . @dpworkin is correct, your best bet is to install a USB 2.0 card, but you have to make sure that your computer will handle it first.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther