General Question

flo's avatar

What do you call the cross with arrows on each end image that comes on only when your cursor is within the screenshot you captured/trying to capture?

Asked by flo (13313points) September 24th, 2010

I see this image when I am in the process of capturing an image normally. I see it if the curser happens to be in the screenshot, I don’t know if that is supposed to happen or not – It doesn’t interfere with the capturing of the screenshot. And just yesterday and today while composing email, I am finding it. I am hovering the cursor over an emoticon that I already placed where i want it. If I click on it I get little squares around the emoticon which is supposed to help enlage it when clicked on, the enlargement isn’t happening as a result of the presence of the cross, it seems to me. What could I have done to make it appear, and how do I reverse it?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

flo's avatar

Please ignore the words “only”, and “trying to capture” in the Question.

ETpro's avatar

It’s called the four-arrow plus sign. It is the Windows mouse pointer that shows when you hover over a draggable image. It generally means that if you left click and hold, you can drag that image to some other screen location.

flo's avatar

@ETpro thank you. Could you give me the link that gave/gives that, and that kind of info?

flo's avatar

__Thank you very much__ @ETpro.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther