Am I being a wet blanket?
I found out by accident today that my husband has planned a week vacation for us and was planning on surprising me on my birthday.
Needless to say I got upset.
1. For one because this is the second time he has done a big purchase behind my back. (I know he was trying to surprise me.)
I always consult with him and he hates it if I spend big cash on him as well.
2. I really hate it when people spend large amounts of cash on me.
3. He doesn’t remember what I did say I wanted for my birthday.
4. My birthday isn’t such a big deal. I’m just getting older.
5. I prefer a bunch of little gestures to one big expensive one.
Any how, I feel poorly for blowing his surprise but it really did catch me off guard and I reacted badly.
I’ve always been a very practical person and I just can’t justify this trip for a number of reasons. If I go with it, it will only be to make him happy but I know I will not be able to fake the happy response he is looking for.
I would like to see what some of your opinions are especially from any guy who may have an inside view into a males mind.
Am I justified or just being a wet blanket.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.