Does religion have any future?
We all know that religion has been a debate in some countries.
There are some misunderstandings among religions that make people fight among themselves for the sake of their religions.
Most people believe that their religion is the best, and they will probably say that other religions are wrong.
As the result, there are fightings, bloodbath, wars, only for the sake of religion.
However, religion also gives up hope. It teaches us life, love, God, and the beauty in the world. Even though all religion teach people about love, people tend to fight for their own religion and even kill people (in the name of their God or whatever they call it)
Also people will reject some culture which is “not related to religion”, such as :
1. other small religions besides the big names of religion (ex: Islam, Catholic, Christian, Buddha, Hindu,etc) which is believed by some tribes in the rainforest.
2. Prostitution. Even though it is not permitted, they still have the right to live, and sometimes they are even forced to do so because the have no other job.
3. Same-sex marriage, transsexual, which is still a debate for a long time
4. Some ridiculous orders which are not allowed by specific religion (but allowed by other religions)
5. Atheism. People say that atheist people do not really care for the world. (Really?)
So, in what is your own opinion about this? Does religion have a future?
(Please do not give just short answers, answers with explanation would really help.
And if could please provide your name, age, religion, and also country please.
I’m trying to do a paper work, so it would be best if I could draw some conclusions)
I’m Leon, 19, Catholic, Indonesia. Thanks!
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.