robmandu's avatar

Will you ride the subway without pants tomorrow?

Asked by robmandu (21222 points ) January 9th, 2009

No pants is tomorrow!

Scheduled for Saturday, January 10th 2009 in New York City and 24 other cities around the world.

EmpressPixie's avatar

I heart ImprovEverywhere. I will support those who choose to do so in my fair city of Chicago.

No way will I be one of them. It’s cold here.

Grisson's avatar

Unequivocally not.

Harp's avatar

@EmpressPixie “I will support those who choose to do so…”

Care to rephrase that?

IBERnineD's avatar

Definitely not in Japan! ...ew

EmpressPixie's avatar

@Harp: It’s theoretical support. I’ll actually be out of town this weekend.

Grisson's avatar

@Harp: My guess is that those who go pantless in Chicago will probably need a little support.

bodyhead's avatar

I will go pantless in support but alas, we don’t have a subway.

tiffyandthewall's avatar

oh man, we don’t have subways ):
i’m all for ending pants’ domination of wardrobes.

BlueDing's avatar

Can I wear a skirt? :) lol, I had to say it.

Grisson's avatar

@BlueDing: Ye can wear a kilt, laddie, but mind what yer wearing under it lest ye get a blue ding. (So to speak)

flip193's avatar

aren’t we suppose to do that everyday

aprilsimnel's avatar

I did the mp3 thing at Sheeps’ Meadow in Central Park a few years back. But, no, not this year. I’ll be at a screenwriting seminar while they’re flashing their knickers on the 6 train. I’ll bet it’s going to be fun.

judochop's avatar

I wish it was bra burning day instead. Something about burnig bras in the winter… I bet it’s hot and cold. Awesome.

BlueDing's avatar

@grisson: That would have worked except I’m a lassie, so I can wear a skirt with no worries, unless I’m Lindsey Lohan and it’s a skirt only two inches long.

Grisson's avatar

@BlueDing: <blushes, and heads of to the ‘what song matches your personality question’ to change his response to ‘Oops! I did it again’.>

mangeons's avatar

I ♥ ImprovEverywhere! I have the Food Court Musical (my favorite) and the Grand Central station freeze on my iPod. :)

Nimis's avatar

Does anyone else think it cruel that they are scheduling this mission during the winter months?

JImmy the Greek says its unlikely that I will.

scamp's avatar

This is the first I’ve heard about it, but it’s hilarious!! I found some
details and instructions for riders in Boston. They are supposed to act as if they do this every day and keep a straight face. The videos on rob’s link were very entertaining for me and a co-worker just now. He says he might take a drive to the city tomorrow and give it a shot!!

SuperMouse's avatar

“I have two words for you, NO PANTS!” I’ve always wanted to be able to use a quote from Jimmy Neutron here on Fluther.

I would absolutely do it! Unfortunately, mine is not one of the cities mentioned, oh well there is always next year.

judochop's avatar

Portland is on the list. Perhaps I will try to grab some photos tomorrow. If I do I will share them with you all. Cheers.

augustlan's avatar

Oh, I wish I were young and brave again. Also that it was warm and I had a subway to ride :(

Nimis's avatar

There are many ways to be brave besides baring your tush.
And you, my dear, are one of my favourite little lions. :)

cirrina's avatar

I love IE but I don’t really get why they do no pants EVRRY year. Their other stuff is so fresh and unexpected. My favorite ever is their rooftop U2 concert.

BlueDing's avatar

@Grisson: :) Don’t worry about it. That’s the point of the internet, everyone’s anonymous. Mistaken identities are bound to happen.

scamp's avatar

I saw a guy at my neighborhood grocery store with no pants on Saturday. We live about 60 miles from New York. I asked him if he just got off the subway, and he said yes! My SO had no idea what I was talking about, so we both got a laugh at his reaction to my questioning of a perfect stranger about his travel arrangements.

augustlan's avatar

A perfect pantsless stranger no less! Would have loved to have seen that!