General Question

Faith2012's avatar

What are the documents(paperwork) I need to get my boyfriend from Mauritius to the USA on a tourist visa?

Asked by Faith2012 (5points) April 10th, 2012

My boyfriend was born and lives in Mauritius. I was born and lives in America. I have gone to visit him, his family and friends twice since 2011. We want my boyfriend to be able to come to the USA and visit my family, friends and the way of life here. This is a good time for him to visit since he is not working at this time. I have written up an invitation letter.I want to know what I need to do to get him here on a tourist visa? What paperwork is needed from me to send with the invitation? Can I marry him while he is here on a tourist visa and get to stay.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

1 Answer

rooeytoo's avatar

You can find the information you need here. Also if you google immigration to the USA you will find other sources as well. When I moved to Australia from the USA I came into the country on a tourist visa and then hired an immigration agent to get me through the myriad of paperwork involved. It is no easier in the USA so you may want to consider that option. Good luck.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther