General Question

yowza's avatar

Facebooks NEW friend bar?

Asked by yowza (6points) July 21st, 2008

you know that new friend bar that was added to facebook recently? i have seen websites in the past that have a bar on the page always, and when you get out of the specified website it still remains there. like this bar on your page AT ALL TIMES. its not always a friend bar though, i saw one that was a stock ticker.

my question is..what are these called? someone said eye-view or something. and DOES ANYONE know any websites like these? im doing a research report for class, and ive been looking forever on google with no results. help!

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

5 Answers

richardhenry's avatar

These could be loaded in a frame, and clicking links to other pages would leave them active, but if you typed a new address (you are on, and type in into the address bar it would remove them.

Are thinking of things like the Google toolbar?

richardhenry's avatar

*are you thinking

yowza's avatar

oh its called iFrame i think, do you guys know any sites with iFrames?

bluemukaki's avatar

Google Images uses them.

yowza's avatar

oh ya, i totally forgot! i know ive seen another one before similar to that, but i forgot the site!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther