SQUEEKY2's avatar

Are you more passionate arguing over a topic online, or in real life?

Asked by SQUEEKY2 (13462points) 3 weeks ago

Regardless of the topic, do you feel more let’s say on fire when discussing it on line, or in real life face to face?
For myself I would have to say on line, in real life I just don’t have enough energy to fight very long.

canidmajor's avatar

In a lot of ways it’s easier online, as no one interrupts you while you’re typing. i also like that there are other points of view. In real life, like you, @SQUEEKY2, it requires much more effort for me to keep a heated discussion going, and it can ruin a good evening if the feelings and reactions of the other parties are not carefully gauged and considered.
The “walk away” option on line is a plus for me, too.

SQUEEKY2's avatar

Thanks @canidmajor , nice answer.

Love_my_doggie's avatar

Real life. A keyboard dilutes passion.

Definately real life. My passion is irresistable.

Online. I used to be a good debater but I don’t have the energy for it any more. Plus, online you have links at your fingertips.

flutherother's avatar

I’m more passionate online. I don’t argue very much in real life as people I discuss things with usually agree with me about most things.

NomoreY_A's avatar

In general, I get along to well with most people I meet to ruin things by starting an argument. If a topic comes up I’m passionate about I’ll definitely put in my two cents worth, but I prefer to keep things chill. As my old pappy used to say, never discuss politics or religion. Works for me.

Mariah's avatar

I tend to be a keyboard warrior because in real life I’m a 100 pound woman who could easily be beaten to death if I pissed someone off.