Nevada83's avatar

Do you think that the outline of the state of New Jersey looks like an old woman?

Asked by Nevada83 (448points) 1 month ago

My friend thinks it does…I mean, I could kind of see the bottom half being a dress or something, but other than that, I don’t see it.

rebbel's avatar

If your friend means a bust of a woman, yeah, I can see that.
She’s looking West.

flutherother's avatar

I can see it too. It looks like she’s hunchbacked and wearing a flat hat.

Zaku's avatar

I can see it as a bust looking west, sitting in a chair, with a certain kind of hat on.

Wait – that would mean I live in her butt! Not sure I like that comparison.

^Well being a penguin your butt is your most prevalent feature, so….

^^ If this weren’t in General, I’d smack you around with my flippers. Or sit on you!

@janbb What I see doesn’t have her butt, it’s just a bust of the woman from the top of her hat down to just below her….bust.

^^ That’s a relief!

@janbb where you live is more on the shoulder…

It looks to me more like a profile of Bart Simpson…

So what’s the protuberance on the bottom?

Brian1946's avatar

I can see the resemblance to an elderly lady wearing a flat hat, and I also see @zenvelo‘s comparison of NJ to a profile of Bart Simpson.

Given the flatness of its “head”, and the coastal protrusion east of Edison and south of NYC (which looks like a hump), I see a resemblance to Frankenstein’s monster with advanced osteoporosis.

A similar figure can be seen in the shape of Great Britain.
I see an old man sitting in a rocking chair wearing a battered old hat, Ireland becomes the newspaper he’s reading. Go on, look & see, you require only your imagination.