JohnSmithKalk's avatar

Is anyone here interested in stock market investment?

Asked by JohnSmithKalk (25points) 2 weeks ago

I am a stock market investor and looking for connections to connect with people who are in the stock and financial sectors. From decades I am associated with stock market investment ideas to increase my income.

This isn’t a stock chat forum. Plenty of other places for that. No pump and dump discussions here.

LadyMarissa's avatar

After working for over 10 years at one of the larger broker dealer firms, I have NO interest in investing in the stock market!!!

gondwanalon's avatar

Warren Buffett will tell you that “dollar cost averaging” and “staying the course” are strategies for those who don’t know what they are doing. That’s exactly what I did starting in the mid 1980’s. I’ve been retired now for 4 years and have reached “critical mass” well before retirement. Also my investments continue to grow far faster than I can spend the money. (I have no debt, my house is paid).

Through all the stock market crashes, bear markets and bubbles popping, I continued to invest in select no loaded funds and the S & P 500 through Vanguard, Charles Schwab, Merrill Lynch, etc.

My motto, “When the stock market drops, that’s when I pounce!” When others are freaking it was just another buying opportunity for me. HA!

I’m 68 and having great retirement.