General Question

Ma-goo's avatar

Where can I get sliding scale or public aid treatment of eating disorders?

Asked by Ma-goo (153points) November 22nd, 2006
My 32 year old daughter is anorexic/bulimic with no health insurance. She is on Public Aid & when things get bad, she goes to the ER, but then is discharged as soon as she is medically stable. Our funds are exhausted, she's 84 lbs.,we're desparate.
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

nomtastic's avatar
where do you live?? in san francisco there's a network of free and sliding-scale clinics (incuding the women's community clinic), probably the same in nyc or other big cities.
occ's avatar
A friend who had a severe eating disorder recieved good treatment at at the Renfrew center in Pennsylvania which is one of the top in the country. It's near Philly. they are a very pricey facility but will probably know where to find other centers that might treat someone without insurance. I bet if you look up their website and call them, they can refer you...

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther