General Question

klaas4's avatar

Is there a program that makes rounded corners on your PC like there is for Mac?

Asked by klaas4 (2176points) November 17th, 2007
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

mirza's avatar

if you just want all your program windows to have rounded corners, you can download Window Blinds and then download a WB theme with rounded corners (like their aqua theme)

klaas4's avatar

No, I mean the corners of the entire screen.

Vincentt's avatar

Could you post a screenshot of how it looks on OS X? You made me curious…

klaas4's avatar

Well, Mac’s with Tiger have that standard, and with Displaperture you can do this too on Leopard…

Evert's avatar

As fas as I can tell, my Tiger desktop screen is perfectly rectangular when I hide the menu bar; so it’s probably the menu bar that has rounded corners. And since the menu is in principal always visible on a Mac, you get rounded corners (only the top left & right though).
I don’t know exactly what Displaperture does, but the easiest way to mimic this is to trim your pc background picture with rounded corners (perhaps Displaperture overlays the desktop picture with black rounded corners?). This won’t show the corners if you put a window over it, but then again, I’d suspect that’s the same for Displaperture (or for that matter, with Tiger, but that’s normally not possible to check, since you can’t drag an application over the menu bar).

breedmitch's avatar

he he! Did johnpowell just show us his bookmarks toolbar?

mirza's avatar

@johnpowell: is awesome

richardhenry's avatar

There probably is, but I don’t know of one unfortunately. It is important to note that only the top corners are rounded, and that this is no longer a feature of the design as of Mac OS X Leopard.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther