General Question

xTheDreamer's avatar

What's the word for someone that's graduated?

Asked by xTheDreamer (897points) June 18th, 2009

Is it “gradutee” or something like that? Is there even a word for someone who’s just graduated?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

13 Answers

casheroo's avatar


too slow!

prude's avatar


kevbo's avatar


Don’t you mean “noun”?

Phobia's avatar

Later that night? Drunk.

sweetzer's avatar

Alumna – don’t forget the women! ;-) tho for women (plural) it would be alumnae.

xTheDreamer's avatar

@kevbo Verb, noun whatever you call it. I just couldn’t seem to find the right word for the topic at that moment so I just put something in there hah. But thanks for your answer.

Jeruba's avatar

A graduate (pronounced “GRAD-joo-it”) is someone who has graduated. (The verb “to graduate” is pronounced “GRAD-joo-ate.”)

An alumnus or alumna is a graduate of a particular institution; it expresses a relationship to the institution and not just a status with respect to obtaining a diploma.

quasi's avatar

time to watch “The Graduate” again :)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther