General Question

xTheDreamer's avatar

What's the stylename/name of this kind of shirt?

Asked by xTheDreamer (897points) November 3rd, 2009

You know the shirts back in the 80’s or was it the 60’s where the neckline of the shirt is cut to make it bigger and the girls would where a tank top underneath the shirt and one side of the shoulder would be shown. The shirt would be slide to the sideways and the neckline is so big that it would show your shoulder.

It’s a shirt something like those aerobic people would wear when they’re working out back in the 60’s/80’s/90’s(I really don’t remember which specific era)?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

9 Answers

fireinthepriory's avatar

I guess “off-the-shoulder” neckline might be used, but that can be used for any number of necklines, not only the extreme 80s version. Mainly you just have to take a pair of scissors and make one yourself. :)

YARNLADY's avatar

I thought it was just “oversized”. You can get the look by wearing a shirt that is too big, and leaving the top button or two undone.

wilma's avatar

ya, @trailsillustrated I would call it “Flashdance” too.

Supacase's avatar

We always called it a slouch or slouchy shirt.

PandoraBoxx's avatar

Off-the-shoulder top.

JLeslie's avatar

80’s or 60’s? I love that!! I can’t remember or keep track of anything either.

ubersiren's avatar

@trailsillustrated nailed it! Totally Flashdance! Unofficially, of course…

DarlingRhadamanthus's avatar

I think technically it is called a “bateau” neckline….also known as a “Bardot” after Brigitte Bardot…this is a neckline that exposes the shoulders. A bateau is a bit more modest as it is a narrower cut where you only see the top of the shoulder bone.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther