General Question

ParaParaYukiko's avatar

Where can I get this unusual screwdriver?

Asked by ParaParaYukiko (6111points) February 25th, 2010

I was thinking of taking apart my old Game Boy Pocket for fun, but all of the screws are non-standard, three-slotted types of screws. I’ve looked around and most standard screwdriver tips have either one slot (flat head) or four (Philip’s head). Any tips on getting ahold of this type of screwdriver tip? Or is there a way of loosening the screws without a screwdriver at all?

I’m sorry I can’t find a picture of the screws, but basically they have slots that look like the symbol for radioactivity. I’ll update this if I find a good picture.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

grumpyfish's avatar

Try this:

The other option would be to drill out the screws with something like this:

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Are they torx screws?

LuckyGuy's avatar

@grumpyfish has it. You are probably talking about tri wing security heads. Lowe’s has bit sets for sale.

ParaParaYukiko's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe, no, they’re not torx screws, but thanks!

@grumpyfish and @worriedguy Thank you both! I’ll look into Lowe’s.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther