General Question

andrew's avatar

What's the name of the style of telephone rings in 24, and where can I find an audio file of a ring that isn't from the show?

Asked by andrew (16380points) June 24th, 2010

My dad had that same system in his office, and I want to use the ring as my ringtone. I realize, however, that many 24 fans have the distinctive CTU ring already, and since I don’t watch the show, I don’t want that ringtone—I mean, that would be just silly.

For super-duper bonus points, the specific tone I’m looking for is middle… high low high (sol… do do do if you know solfeggi)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Buttonstc's avatar

I would call it “Muted, Serious, Business” but that’s just me.

I still have it on my old Samsung. But is ended up being fairly useless since it wasn’t loud enough for me to hear it if I was out and about ;)

Dr_C's avatar

Might this be the one you mean?

andrew's avatar

@Dr_C That’s exactly what I don’t want.

Buttonstc's avatar

I hate to say this, but your Q doesn’t really make clear what exactly it is that you DO want.

Is it another ring tone from the same type of telephone system or in a different key, or what?

And you may know exactly what “solfegg” refers to, but guessing I’m not the only one without a clue :)

What precisely is it that you do want?

andrew's avatar

I’m looking for the name of the telephone system that makes the ring that @Dr_C linked to, and an audio file that isn’t the ring that @Dr_C linked to.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther