General Question

love408's avatar

Is it true that in california in order to have your permit you need to take the test at the dmv and also take 3 days of drivers training?

Asked by love408 (147points) April 29th, 2008


Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

ccatron's avatar

according to the California DMV,

“Completion of a California Drivers Ed course is required prior to obtaining your learner’s permit, and ultimately receiving your Driver’s License.”

Doesn’t say how long it is, though…I bet you could find out if you look hard enough

PupnTaco's avatar

Also note there are restrictions on driving when you get your permit – no driving with a non-adult unless there is an adult in the car, no driving past curfew, no freeway driving (I think).

sfgirl's avatar

To obtain your permit (from what I recall) you do have to take a test at the DMV. Then you’re required to have your permit for so many days, do so many hours of driving as well as a drivers training course before you can get your actual license.

TheCouncil's avatar

Also when a minor gets there license there are restrictions on the age of passengers that can ride with the minor as well.

Babo's avatar

Just remember, Fluther and driving don’t mix!

ladytmerie's avatar

It is three days of driving after you get your permit. If you are 18 you do not need behind the wheel training, only the written and behind the wheel test. It is also not necessary to take a test for your permit, you need to take one semester of drivers ed in school and be the appropriate age. Good luck.

Response moderated
Response moderated (Spam)

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther