General Question

jtvoar16's avatar

I need to ask a judge something...

Asked by jtvoar16 (2171points) May 12th, 2008 from iPhone

I have a legal question concerning art and photography, however it I’d the type of question only a judge could answer. I am wondering if there is a forum or website I could go to ask my question. I would rather not try what I want to try and have to ask the judge the hard way, in his court.
By the way, the question I want to ask is; “if I take a candid shot of someone in public with an inferred camera, does that change 15% or more of the person granting me full rights to my photo?” meaning if I want to sell the candid shot I don’t need the person to sign a waver.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

tekn0lust's avatar

I don’t know if I have ever seen someone asking for more trouble than you are in so few words…

But to answer your question there are probably a few lawyers in Hollywood that can answer your question. I doubt you really need a judge to answer this.

ezraglenn's avatar

In public domain, a model has no rights.

ezraglenn's avatar

or, rather, no copy rights.

benjamin6's avatar

you don’t need a judge. you need a lawyer…or a book on copyright law…or the internet.

zaid's avatar

it’s true. the copyright belongs to the photography if there is no agreement stating otherwise.

Upward's avatar

You are right to think you might need a model release. I would just get one and cover your back. But if they can not reconize themself in the image, you most likely don’t need one.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther