General Question

AshLeigh's avatar

In non-English speaking countries what replaces the P R N D 2 1 in the car?

Asked by AshLeigh (15889points) May 4th, 2014 from iPhone

No further details.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

12 Answers

Mimishu1995's avatar

I can answer your question if I know what you are talking about…

Staalesen's avatar

It stays the same, assuming we are talking about the transmission.

Dan_Lyons's avatar

If the foreign car manufacturer wishes to conform to US gov’t. standards
it will list the transmission functions as you have them, PRND321.

ragingloli's avatar

Does this answer your question?

LuckyGuy's avatar

Cars in Japan use the same P R N D L lettering system.

Mimishu1995's avatar

@ragingloli kinds of says what I think.

I have never seen P R N D L before, so sorry for the first post.

gailcalled's avatar

^^ (Good. Yet another reason not to trade in my 2006 Subaru Forester for the BMW M5. $92,900?)

Brian1946's avatar

@Mimishu1995 P R N D L means Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, and Low, which refers to the gears for an automatic transmission.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Just throw five speeds on the shifter, with an R and three pedals instead of two.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@jerv I was going to go for 8 but then I figured most people will be swamped with 5.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther