General Question

GD_Kimble's avatar

What would you call the opposite of falsetto?

Asked by GD_Kimble (2285points) August 11th, 2008

If artificially singing in a higher register has a name, artificially singing in a lower register must have one too. Right?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

8 Answers

PupnTaco's avatar

Chocolate rain?

bluemukaki's avatar

Vocal Fry, Glottal Fry or strohbass according to Wikipedia.

Skyrail's avatar

haha PnT. I laughed :)

charliecompany34's avatar

true voice or your natural singing voice without closing off the vocal chord.

stratman37's avatar

I don’t think there is such a thing. There’s head voice (falsetto), and chest voice (your natural voice). And if you can’t reach any lower than that, no wait! I just remembered, you know how your voice gets higher with helium? One day I inhaled propane and my voice got LOWER. Kids, don’t try this at home.

marinelife's avatar

Basso profundo~

Foolaholic's avatar

I agree with stratman. Every voice has a break point near the top of its range. Anything above is the falsetto, and below is the chest voice. Male voices generally have a gap of a couple of tones in between the two, which is why the falsetto seems to stand out to people. Females have it to, but the break is generally much smaller, making it easier to miss.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther