copperlucy's avatar

Re: Formatted SD card and lost all footage...is there any hope of recovery?

Asked by copperlucy (17points) 1 week ago

I accidentally formatted the sd card in my camera. I tried Recuva, but the results were not satisfactory. I wonder if there is any free software to recover the pictures? Any advice i would appreciate.

Zaku's avatar

There is such software, but I don’t know which to recommend.

Slim to none.

@Zaku is correct that there are some programs that can attempt to fix this, but it’s a long shot, and if you have done anything else to the SD card (like put other data on it after the format) it will be impossible.

funkdaddy's avatar

You might try PhotoRec which is an open source software specifically for camera media. It’s a little trickier to use, but worth a shot (link is in the right sidebar).

Other than that, I know a couple dedicated camera shops around here have a recovery service. I think it was around $20, and they just burned everything they could find to a DVD.

copperlucy's avatar

Thank you all for the answers. I checked PhotoRec, but it is hard for me to use. I have solved the problem with a freeware named RePicvid Free Photo Recovery. Thanks again.

.