General Question

RibRob's avatar

Can social services chase me for an alleged benefit over-payment that's from 11 years ago?

Asked by RibRob (1points) August 16th, 2007

I can't prove i was definitely entitled to it as it was so long ago and i don't have any of the necessary paperwork anymore. Eleven years seems a long time to leave before the council decides to claim back £80...

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

hossman's avatar

This is a question you really need to ask a local attorney, as attorneys from other jurisdictions may not know the correct statute of limitations.

gcross's avatar

They are still after my husband after 15–20 years. Good luck.

leopluridean's avatar

Try to find the statute of limitations for where you live. They can only pursue you for so long legally.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther