General Question

windex's avatar

Can I marry an object in California to pay less Federal Tax?

Asked by windex (2932points) June 12th, 2009

Our awesome government taxes me so much that I can barely afford food. Is there a legal way for me to lower that amount?

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

14 Answers

tinyfaery's avatar

I think I know where this is going.

lukiarobecheck's avatar

I smell a Troll.

DominicX's avatar

If you can’t see the difference between a human adult and an object, an animal, or a kid, you have a problem. That’s what I always say.

windex's avatar

guys guys…I want to pay Less taxes, that is the only reason : )

I would not be doing anything else with it.. please believe me

lukiarobecheck's avatar

Everyone wants to pay less in taxes. I find that the only way to save money is by living within my means. Everyone is having to make cutbacks in these tough times.

SuperMouse's avatar

I certainly hope not.

oratio's avatar

Do you have problem finding a willing human?

wundayatta's avatar

Barely afford food? Perhaps you spend too much on other things. Find a cheaper place to live. Reduce utility costs. If you’re making enough money to pay taxes, it seems to me you have plenty of money for food, so you must not be making very wise decisions in other areas. Don’t expect the public to pay for your irresponsible spending behavior.

Oh, if you want to legally reduce taxes, you have to legally reduce your income. You could quit your job.

dynamicduo's avatar

You’re doing it wrong. You’d have to show me your budget before I could help you think up ways to save money in taxes, and I’m sure I’d be able to spot some problems as to why you don’t have money for food.

Darwin's avatar

The short answer is no. You have to marry a human being in California, one that is 18 years old (or with their parent’s presence) but depending on how the courts are viewing things, it may or may not have to be of the opposite sex.

Try eliminating Internet access – that should free up some money for food.

Siren's avatar

funny Darwin!!!

YARNLADY's avatar

There’s no tax on food, so your premise is mistaken. Single people can apply for food stamps, as long as they meet the requirements. So that premise is also mistaken.

You can marry a comatose man or woman who lives in a nursing home, and that might work.

Califormia does not allow marriage to an object, but I believe I read about a woman in who married a seal.

Darwin's avatar

@YARNLADY – If you are referring to Heidi Klum, I thought she got married in Mexico, not California.

But then there is this guy who was a fake SEAL so perhaps that makes him a just plain seal, and this woman, in another marriage altogether.

Kraken's avatar

Try marrying a mannequin.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther