General Question

soundedfury's avatar

How would you describe someone with grace and charm?

Asked by soundedfury (2543points) January 2nd, 2008

Take someone like Jackie Kennedy or Audrey Hepburn. Is there a good short description that you would use to describe someone with the graceful and charming air that they exuded in public life?

(I’m already aware of JFK’s use of “fey,” but I’d rather hear a term that doesn’t require too much explanation.)

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

11 Answers

sndfreQ's avatar

for a gentleman, I would use debonnaire

breedmitch's avatar

quiet elegance.

hossman's avatar

Elan. Exquisite (especially Hepburn). Tres chic. Poised. Stunning. Gracious. Vibrant. Gamine. Aristocratic. Cultivated. Cultured. Delicate. Dignified. Graceful. Genteel. Refined. Well-bred.

ccatron's avatar

when i think of someone having grace, I think of the word “smooth”. their words are carefully chosen and their actions seem to be without flaw. someone with charm can make a statement in a way that doesn’t seem snooty or self-promoting and it may even make the listener feel good about his/her self

TheNakedHippie's avatar

Regal and debonnaire are fantastic words!

bythebay's avatar

Gracious and refined.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther