General Question

XOIIO's avatar

Where can I get fluorescent dye?

Asked by XOIIO (18266points) June 16th, 2010

I am looking for a flourecent dye, like in national treasure when he coated the button, that will rub off onto someone’s fingers but will show under black light. Non toxic of course.

A small cheap black light around $50 would be nice

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

6 Answers

El_Cadejo's avatar

i hear they are using paints like this in some security systems. Its hooked up to a spray nozzel so when you break into the door or whatever you get shot with it and evidently cant wash off for days. Makes it easy for cops to find ya when you have a glowing trail lol

XOIIO's avatar

Yes, the title should say fluorescent

XOIIO's avatar

Credid to you, @gailcalled

WestRiverrat's avatar

There are several types available on Amazon, depending on intended use.

XOIIO's avatar

Will they work the way it did in national treasure though? Will I be able to dip something in it and have it rub off on someone once dry?

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther