Social Question

oxenfree's avatar

Is there any way to get my pictures back when the file format is changed?

Asked by oxenfree (181points) August 11th, 2010

i was taking pics with my camera and i went to look at one after i took it and my camera said that there was no file. when i put the SD card into my computer it says that the file format cannot be read. but it shows that there are files. is there any way to get my pics back? any help would be much appreciated.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

ETpro's avatar

It sounds as if the file may have gotten corrupted in its native file format, whatever that may be for your camera. I suggest you contasct support for the camera manufacturer and ask them if they have any tips for recovery, because steps are going to be specific to the camera’s native file format.

IchtheosaurusRex's avatar

Just for laughs, try opening a CMD box (if you have a PC) and run the command


on the drive letter assigned to your SD card.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther