AshLeigh's avatar

Quick! Tell me a random fact about yourself?

Asked by AshLeigh (14976 points ) July 19th, 2012

Fact: If you walk your child around on on a leash, I will bend down and bark at it.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I love pizza. Really good pizza is up there with sex.

Imadethisupwithnoforethought's avatar

I have never asked a woman out.

Bellatrix's avatar

I have face blindness. If I meet you, then see you again a few days later and look at you blankly, it’s because my brain didn’t code your face properly.

@Adirondackwannabe – what’s your favourite topping?

@Imadethisupwithnoforethought, really? Do they usually ask you out?

Imadethisupwithnoforethought's avatar

@Bellatrix if a woman likes you, and you don’t ask them out, they find a perfectly logical and innocent reason why you should hang out together.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Bellatrix I love supremes. Everything exploding in my mouth. That is so cool.

AshLeigh's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe I love Pizza too. :D
Actually, I love everything with cheese.

Fact: I love cheese with all my heart and soul.

Symbeline's avatar

I don’t know how to swim, and my Zodiac sign is Pisces Viking.

I LOVE sushi ! ! !

Pandora's avatar

I can’t type standing up.

tinyfaery's avatar

I have an extra sensitive nose.

Sunny2's avatar

I don’t like to get wet. I realized this when I noticed that I always hesitate before I get into a shower.

Mama_Cakes's avatar

I can’t straighten my right arm all of the way. The Radius and the Ulna bone are crossed at the elbow. Not sure why. Perhaps, I was born that way. The doctor did question my Dad (physical abuse?).

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I absolutely love fried foods. They’re so unhealthy, but oh so tasty and omnomnom!

wundayatta's avatar

My left big toenail is extra thick and layery due to a severe toe stubbing a couple of years ago.

AngryWhiteMale's avatar

My nose is VERY hard-of-smelling.

janedelila's avatar

I was born in the wagon of a traveling show.

Pied_Pfeffer's avatar

I still wonder if my older sister is really my mother.

Adagio's avatar

I’m a vicarious gardener.

bewailknot's avatar

I think green peppercorns taste disgusting. I am going to sneak out to the kitchen and throw out my daughter’s green peppercorns before she can use them again.

gondwanalon's avatar

I’ve got bold determination and blind defiance.

Brian1946's avatar

I don’t post well under temporal pressure! ;-o

talljasperman's avatar

I like to watch cartoons.

woodcutter's avatar

I can’t play video games.

Nullo's avatar

I like me some snazzy office equipment. I took up a daily journal (which I have never had the patience for in its own right), in cursive (again, no patience for it) to have an excuse to use my new fountain pen.

YARNLADY's avatar

Chocolate holds no special place in my life. I enjoy it on the rare occasions I have some – two or three times a year, but it’s nothing special to me.

bookish1's avatar

I will choose an A+ tropical fruit over the finest ice cream or chocolate in the world, any day. I’d miss chocolate sometimes, but I am completely ice cream indifferent and could go the rest of my life without any.

rooeytoo's avatar

I have a dingo and I love her even though she kills cats and birds without remorse.

mambo's avatar

I never hesitate to pick things up with my toes.

this_velvet_glove's avatar

I still watch cartoons.

Crashsequence2012's avatar

I can heel and toe.

I learned how from a book before I had ever driven a car.

AshLeigh's avatar

You know how they said that no one will notice that tiny blemish on your face?
I’ll notice.

jordym84's avatar

I have a very, very strong dislike for peanut butter – just the smell of it is enough to make my stomach turn. Yuck.

augustlan's avatar

I have ginormous boobs.

You know when us men can place our dick’s between our legs so we look like we have a lady garden, just for giggles mind. I did this one time & my penis kind of “tickled” my arsehole &........well, it felt rather nice, there I said it! ;¬}

downtide's avatar

I have been horse-crazy ever since I was about eight years old, and from the age of ten I taught myself to ride on a borrowed pony. I had my first actual riding lesson when I was about thirty, and they put me straight into the Advanced class and let me ride their headstrong and difficult Arabian mare.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I have O+ blood.

wundayatta's avatar

I think I’m allergic to mosquito venom.

Crashsequence2012's avatar

I have O+ blood too!

OpryLeigh's avatar

When I die, I would like my ashes scattered in Loch Ness.

Mariah's avatar

I’m allergic to isopropyl alcohol. Who the hell has that allergy! Nobody, that’s who. I’m weird.

@rooeytoo At least the dingo didn’t kill your baby.~

cazzie's avatar

I was born with 6 toes on each foot.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Whoa, seriously?

cazzie's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate you mean me? Yes. I was born with an extra little toe on each foot. It is a family thing. Some girls get extra toes and boys get extra fingers. My son had an extra little finger on one hand. It is called polydactyly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I think that’s cool, actually! I once had a cat with polydactyly. I used to tell people he had opposable thumbs. :D Did you keep the toes and your son’s extra finger in place? Or did you have them removed? I’ve often wondered about things like that.

cazzie's avatar

One of my toes was just hanging by a bit of skin when I was born so they clipped it off and put on a band-aid, but the other one, on my right foot, had a bone in it, so they had to wait until I was about 2 and a half to remove it. I remember the stitches I had. They removed my son’s extra finger here in Norway when he was a month old. It wasn’t attached by anything other than soft tissue and wasn’t growing at the same rate and they worried about the vascular system, worried that it may turn gangrenous and infected. They had NO clue what to do with it. They snipped it off with a pair of fingernail scissors. (I was NOT allowed in the room and did not witness the procedure. My sister was physically holding me down on a bench while I listened to my son cry in an examination room.) It is fine now… he has a little bump on that hand, much like my toes. He shows some signs of the area being sensitive. If you can imagine the skin in between your fingers or toes being on the outside of your hand…. I remember this from my own toes being removed, but I got used to it. Shoes are still a bitch to fit, though.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Oh wow! I’m sorry for any lingering problems with sensitivity and such, but that is so fascinating.

rooeytoo's avatar

@chyna – it’s interesting actually, she was born and grew up in an aboriginal camp so she adores little black babies. They would crawl all over her and she would like them til they were giggling uncontrollably. But little white babies puzzle her, I am very vigilant because I don’t think she knows what they are, I’m sure they smell very different to her. It does worry me she might think something like “hmmmm, hairless cat!”

Response moderated (Personal Attack)
AshLeigh's avatar

@Nullo but they were worried about it becoming infected, so they had to remove it.

Nullo's avatar

@AshLeigh I dunno, I think I smell a double-standard.

cazzie's avatar

@Nullo yeah, because letting gangrene set in is such a better idea. /sarcasm
@AshLeigh yes, it wasn’t growing and it was beginning to discolour. There was obviously problems with the vascular supply.

AshLeigh's avatar

Fact: I just lost the game.
I hatechu, Mr_Paradox!

downtide's avatar

@AshLeigh darnit now you made me lose too.

AshLeigh's avatar

Mr_Paradox made me lose. :)

Mr_Paradox's avatar

Yes, yes I did.
Something about me…... hmmmmmm. I know, when it comes to cars, I’m clueless.

Sunny2's avatar

My eyes are changing color. I don’t know what color they are or are going to be, but they sure aren’t brown any more. They are getting lighter, not darker.

Nullo's avatar

@cazzie And circumcision is about that important to a proper Jew.

cazzie's avatar

Here is another random fact about me. I don’t care about religious ‘laws’. I live a secular life in a secular country.

cazzie's avatar

@rooeytoo nonesense.

rooeytoo's avatar

Why am I not surprised that is your response. It is an opinion and is as valid as any other opinion.

cazzie's avatar

@rooeytoo I didn’t mean the opinion was nonsense. I meant you posting it here was. Is that a random fact about you?

cazzie's avatar

Here is another random fact about me: I know that living in a secular society means that ALL religious freedoms are defended, despite what one religion despises over another or what atheists may think. I know that when people sacrified their lives to defend the country, they did not do it so that only Christians could observe their beliefs, but so that the right to not believe in a god is also recognised as a valid and defendable position. It is no longer allowed for the Roman Church to come into small villages and chop people’s heads off who won’t convert. (which is what they used to do around these parts.) Thank the secular society, that defends everyones rights, that allowed that person to have that blog.
And YES, today is the 1 year anniversary of the Oslo killings. Thank you so much for your sensitive and caring outpouring of support. /readsarcasm

rooeytoo's avatar

you do sarcasm so well!

OpryLeigh's avatar

@Sunny2 Mine too. They used to be very dark brown, almost black. Now they are still dark brown, just not as dark as they were, but there is now a black ring around each one, like most of the eye changed colour but that bit didn’t. I hope my eyes don’t get any lighter whilst still leaving a black ring, that would be creepy!

Sunny2's avatar

@Leanne1986 There’s nothing to be done about it except wear colored contacts if we don’t like how they turn out.. I don’t plan to do that. Let me know how yours turn out, although, how will we know when the changing will stop?

mattbrowne's avatar

I enjoy watching the ‘Gilmore Girls’

AshLeigh's avatar

Fact: Though I am religious, there is nothing I hate more than religious pushers.
I wonder if they know that they sound like pompous assholes…

OpryLeigh's avatar

@Sunny2 very true. I don’t think I’ll be wearing coloured contacts anytime soon!

Sunny2's avatar

@Leanne1986 Some things have to be left to fate, I could always dye my hair to go with the new eye color, whatever it is. but I probably won’t

Mr_Paradox's avatar

My eyes are blue but are technicly hazel because they change shades from electric blue to gray.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Shopping makes me happy.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I hate shopping.

jordym84's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe I was just about to write “I hate shopping” when I noticed your post lol I like having nice things, but I hate the whole shopping “experience,” especially when it comes to clothes.

28lorelei's avatar

Random, annoying noises hurt my ears. Also, my glasses prescription has grown weaker over the past few years. Weird, right?

Paradox25's avatar

I’m a pretty good electrician, mechanic and welder, but I can’t sweat pipe, even if my life depended upon it.

downtide's avatar

@Paradox25 I’m neither an electrician, mechanic nor welder, so what does “sweat pipe” mean?

Paradox25's avatar

Soldering copper piping. Maybe I don’t do it enough to be proficient at it, but others have picked the technique up quicker than I have.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I thought it was soldering? Just asking.

Paradox25's avatar

I edited my post. For some reason I mess up on that word, like intersting.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Paradox25 No biggie.I have trouble with it too.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I have an intense hatred inside me for a specific, evil person, and it’s difficult to not do something stupid.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate Don’t do anything lady. I’ll flash you my boxers if you behave.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

I’ll do it too. Oh, front or back? I forgot to ask.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Back. I like butts. :D

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Well now, I’m thinking boxers or briefs?

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Boxer briefs. :D

Bellatrix's avatar

Why not just the nude bum? I figure if you are going to flash, do it properly.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Naw, then I would feel bad, dirty and wrong…

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Oh god you guys.

Bellatrix's avatar

And this is a bad thing @WillWorkForChocolate? Dirty and bad can be good :D

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

This has taken a weird turn, lol… let’s not derail poor @AshLeigh‘s thread any further.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Black briefs tommorrow ok?

This has taken a turn, talk dirty and AWAY WE GO ! !

AshLeigh's avatar

Derail away, my jellies, derail away. :D
Just don’t show me your butt, and I don’t care what you do. :D

FACT: I don’t find butts attractive.
That’s where poop come from. >.<

Mr_Paradox's avatar

This thread has finaly gone NSFW

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate Where are you. I’m wearing my black briefs today.

@Adirondackwannabe We now need to have the mod rewrite the question with NSFW.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Tropical_Willie Not quite yet, I haven’t done anything with them. It’s still PG

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Keep it clean. Just post a pic of you wearing the undies on your head.

Spit my drink out, not the nose though.

AshLeigh's avatar

To get back on topic…
FACT: I am writing a hook for my brothers latest rap, right now! :D

augustlan's avatar

I get hives for no apparent reason. I am currently itchy. :/

Bellatrix's avatar

I don’t understand the concept of travelling light (apparently).

Mr_Paradox's avatar

When I travel, everything fits in one carry-on duffle bag.

AshLeigh's avatar

When I travel, everything barely fits in a huge duffle-bag, and a carry on backpack. XD

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I simply can not stand Nikki Minaj.

rooeytoo's avatar

Who is Nikki Minaj?

Mr_Paradox's avatar

If you don’t know, don’t worry about it. You will regret knowing once you know.

rooeytoo's avatar

When you said that of course you made me curious so I googled. This came up. I think she seems pretty okay. I will have to listen to her music though because I must admit I am not a fan of gratuitous profanity in song or speech.

Mr_Paradox's avatar

THAT’S the point.

rooeytoo's avatar

@Mr_Paradox – what’s the point? That she uses gratuitous profanity? If that were a deterrent for me and kept me from looking beneath to see what else is there, I wouldn’t be on fluther, or actually, go out of the house these days!

Mr_Paradox's avatar

It just disgusts me that people like her are sometimes seen as role models.

AshLeigh's avatar

I think Nikki Minaj is a black Lady Gaga… No racism intended.

Mr_Paradox's avatar

We need to invent a universal delete button.

Mariah's avatar

@augustlan, you probably have your overzealous immune system to thank for that. Happens to me too.

FACT: I lived in the same house in the same small town for the first 20 years of my life (unless you count college dorms). But we moved a few days ago! Boxes everywhere!

augustlan's avatar

@Mariah Yep, that’s the case. Stupid body of mine. :/

When I’m in the midst of a fibromyalgia attack, I sleep a lot. Last night/today, I slept for 17 hours straight!

downtide's avatar

{{{Auggie}}} I have a friend with fibro and it affects him the same way.

madsmooney1214's avatar

I can read cards at Walgreems for hours.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I can read upside down quite quickly.
It might have its uses but I am struggling to find even one!

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: Sometimes I wake up in the morning, and I think ”... Fuck pants.”

janedelila's avatar

@SomeoneElse Early childhood educator. Then you don’t have to hold the book out to the side to read to the circle. Just look down at it.

Mr_Paradox's avatar

I hate learning to drive stick :(

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I failed miserably at learning how to drive a stick. I still don’t know how.

I learned to drive on a stick and I’m really good at it.

My closet is color coded.

AshLeigh's avatar

My closet is organized by the length of the sleeves. O.o

Mr_Paradox's avatar

My closet is organized from T-shirts, to long sleeves, to coats. Each group is organized from “street clothes” to formal. So my closet starts with my sarcastic T-shirts and ends with my black trench coat.

Bellatrix's avatar

I have taken a ‘rainbow’ approach to my closet organisation. It has stuff of all colours all over the place. It is cramped and has way too much stuff in there. It is only roughly organised by item type. I call it ‘pot luck closet organisation’.

AshLeigh's avatar

@Mr_Paradox you hang all of your T-Shirts? I put them in the dresser. XD They take up two drawers, too. XD

rooeytoo's avatar

@AshLeigh – I was thinking the same thing, I am lucky if they make it out of the wash basket to the dresser drawer, I can’t imagine hanging up a t shirt!

Mr_Paradox's avatar

I have OCD so….................... yeah.

rooeytoo's avatar

@Mr_Paradox – I could use a little bit of that to get the stuff out of the wash basket!

AshLeigh's avatar

I have OCD about handwriting, and even/odd numbers. But not about T-shirts… XD
FACT: I’m lucky if I can fit all of my T-shirts into my dresser drawers. I have a lot of T-shirts. :D

Mr_Paradox's avatar

OCD about even/odd numbers? Wha?

AshLeigh's avatar

I like equals. I meant to say that I hate odd numbers. Haha. To the point of being obsessed about it.

Mr_Paradox's avatar

1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13

Mariah's avatar

I also dislike odd numbers, and furthermore, even numbers that are not divisible by 4. Just one of my eccentricities.

Mr_Paradox's avatar

My favorite number is 42

AshLeigh's avatar

@Mr_Paradox…. I’ll kill.

rooeytoo's avatar

Now I don’t mean this in an offensive way at all, I have more than enough of my own quirks which I call “madnesses.” Anyhow I love hearing about others’ quirks, then I feel less weird! (I like to count to 4 on one hand, like patting my fingers against my leg one at a time, starting with my index finger and continuing until I get around to my index finger. This is especially helpful in the dentist chair! I also like to count backwards from 100 by 2, 3, and onward. Again helpful in stressful situations!)

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I only eat two pieces of cereal at a time. One on each side of my mouth. Haha.
Which is why I don’t eat cereal very often. It takes forever, and gets all soggy. :/

rooeytoo's avatar

@AshLeigh – must be really difficult with oatmeal!

Mr_Paradox's avatar

I hate cereal, and my favorite breakfast joint is The Eggshell in Canturberry NH

wundayatta's avatar

I can’t stop scratching mosquito bites. They spread and spread.

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I hate oatmeal. :)

Bellatrix's avatar

Give it to @wundayatta @AshLeigh, oatmeal can be used to soothe mosquito bite itches.

AshLeigh's avatar

Gives oatmeal to @wundayatta.

wundayatta's avatar

Hey people! I have to go to work in this stuff!

I sing songs to my goose while cradling him in my arms. His favorite song is…

Row, row, row your flappys gently down the stream…. Marwyn Marwyn, Marwyn MARWYYYYN…life is but a dream!
He ‘rows” his feet on que. haha

AshLeigh's avatar

fact: I’m teaching myself to play the ukulele.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I am going to die not being able to juggle.
It’s annoying.

@SomeoneElse The trick to juggling is to start with lightweight non-injurious items like cotton balls of rolled up socks. Once you have mastered it you can then move up to grenades. lol

SomeoneElse's avatar

@Coloma Measured steps or degrees of danger then – socks to grenades in one easy step! It would just my luck to start with the wrong thing.

@SomeoneElse LOL

Random fact abot Coloma #271

I press a perfumed washcloth against my face when I scoop the cats litter boxes.

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I wear footsie pajamas.

28lorelei's avatar

Fact: my pajamas have music notes on them ^^

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I have so much hair that it takes me an hour to wash it and mousse it.

28lorelei's avatar

And WillWorkForChocolate, I’m not a big fan of Nicki Minaj either… someone like Sviatoslav Richter or Chopin means far more to me.

Random fact of the day. I had leftover chili and cornbread for breakfast at 9 a.m. It was great! lol

cazzie's avatar

Random fact: I now have a crazy craving for cornbread and chili. (the weather here has gone to freezing with loads of snow on the ground. hating it.)

SomeoneElse's avatar

I have worn a dirndl but wasn’t in The Sound of Music.

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I can walk in 6.5 inch platforms, but not in high heels.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

^^ I recently tried walking in some really insane 8 inch platform high heels, and fell on my face.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

^^You two are insane. Guys like high heels. When was the last time you saw a guy in high heels?

Fact:
The last time I wore some cool boots was when I was flying to asia a couple years ago. Had a couple of drinks before our flight and I biffed it in the boarding tunnel and sprained my ankle so badly. 13 hours with a soggy ice pack on my ankle and limping through the airport in my socks. So much for wearing cool high heeled boots. Heh!

cazzie's avatar

Cool random fact: My grandfather was a barber and shaved Al Capone.

AshLeigh's avatar

I don’t turn my jeans inside out before washing them.

Mariah's avatar

I didn’t know you were supposed to.

AshLeigh's avatar

I don’t know why people think you are:)

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I like to turn my kids inside out before washing them.

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I asked my mom for Fuzzy posters and a Banjo for Christmas.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I was raised in Essex, Old England,

I cannot STAND listening to peoples boring, daily “to do” list recitals. How is it even possible to narrate an epic novel about going grocery shopping? lol

@AshLeigh What about fuzzy banjo posters?

cutiepi92's avatar

I can’t swim, I love to draw, Jersey Shore is my guilty pleasure, and I absolutely hate taking pictures. Oh, and I make faces at myself in the mirror

AshLeigh's avatar

I sleep until noon whenever I get the chance.

OpryLeigh's avatar

I’ve just seen Dances With Wolves for the first time.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Beginning in July, I start wishing for cold weather and snow and Christmas. It doesn’t really get cold here until December, though. As soon as January 2nd hits, I’m over it and want it to be in the 70’s and 80’s again.

AshLeigh's avatar

I intend to go to Mortuary School.

If I wasn’t planning on being cremated I’d have @AshLeigh do my post mortum makeup. Oh well…cremation is the ultimate laser treatment. Burn those laugh lines away. lol

AshLeigh's avatar

I could give you a postmortem facelift?

@AshLeigh Have you seen “Bernie”? You have to watch that, it’s hilarious! No spoilers, but he’s a mortician.

AshLeigh's avatar

Haven’t seen it, but I’ll look into it!

Pachy's avatar

I still like to watch Andy Hardy movies. I’m a sucker for warm butterscotch pudding. I once shook hands with Ronnie Reagan. I love quarters. I used to love my iPad and iPhone but now I love my Nexus 4 and Samsung S3…

And… I’m very proud of this… I recently learned how to quickly and easily put a cover on my duvet.

@Pachyderm_In_The_Room Hey…I save quarters, wanna go out sometime? lol

Pachy's avatar

@Coloma, deal! And we’ll pay for everything with quarters.

@Pachyderm_In_The_Room I have about $30 worth in the console of my car. Emergency yard sale money. :-) I’ll buy you a Latte and take you yard saling with my bag o’ quarters.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I love Hill Street Blues.

AshLeigh's avatar

I love Pistachios.

augustlan's avatar

I just discovered Cracker Jack’D Salted Caramel, and it is so freaking delicious.

Sunny2's avatar

Follow up on changing eye color: The Department of Motor has declared my eyes are green. I don’t really agree, but I guess they looked green the day I went in and now that’s what it says on my driver’s license. Maybe I should dye my hair red.

AshLeigh's avatar

I have purple sheets :)

I have a carved naked headhunter statue next to my laptop. He has an amazing penis. lol

Yetanotheruser's avatar

Instead of counting sheep to fall asleep, I count by squares. Instead of 1, 2, 3, 4… I count 1, 4, 9, 16…

AshLeigh's avatar

I am a compulsive skin picker. Sometimes I even want to pick at other people’s skin.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@AshLeigh Eww I think we should exile you to some place really cold and remote. Oh it’s too late someone did it already.

AshLeigh's avatar

Pfft. It’s 46 degrees…

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Pfft It’s 46 degrees here too. (You always make me smile.)

AshLeigh's avatar

I aim to please :)

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

You do it well. Peace lady. :)

augustlan's avatar

@AshLeigh I’m a ‘picker’, too. I call it ‘grooming’ when I do it to my husband. :p

Response moderated (Flame-Bait)
LuckyGuy's avatar

I still can’t ride the stupid unicycle Mike gave me.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I have a black Labrador pup called Ernie Bert after two of the Sesame Characters.

AshLeigh's avatar

FACT: I have to brush my teeth right before bed (even if I brushed them before doing other things, like showering) or I can’t sleep.

I go outside first thing every morning, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and have my coffee on my little back porch. Nothing like invigorating fresh air and coffee to wake one up.

28lorelei's avatar

I can live with a flexible sleep schedule, but function best as a morning person.

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

Fact: I am so bored with life and the people in it that I really don’t care what happens next and have no expectations for the future. I’ve discovered a lot of freedom in that as it allows me to take risks I never would have before, makes life more interesting, and the people in it easier to tolerate.

Yetanotheruser's avatar

I’m preparing to host a holiday party on the solstice.

I’m addicted to avocados stuffed with shrimp and smothered in Thousand Island dressing, topped with olives and a side of french bread and pimento cheese spread.
Let the ass expand, life is short. lol

@Espiritus_Corvus Are you my brother? haha
I’m right there with you. Bah Humbug, people and their endless, shallow, drivel and devotion to their bubble. Gah!

Espiritus_Corvus's avatar

I’m a very good lockpick, though I’ve never used it for nefarious purposes. I was taught by a very good friend and formerly one of the most successful jewel thieves in the US.

@Coloma Yes, sis. Merry Christmas.

Before I learned to actually read, I memorized a book my Mom read to me a lot. It was “Prince Bertrand the Bad.” I could also “read” it backward. That kind of freaked Mom out!

rockfan's avatar

I almost died in Hurricane Andrew

AshLeigh's avatar

I hate Meatloaf.

SomeoneElse's avatar

I still have a black Labrador pup, despite his desire to chew wood.

Maybe he has a few beaver genes in him.

Oh dam.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

Meat the dude or the dish? I make a really mean meatloaf.

AshLeigh's avatar

^ blech. Meatloaf is nasty.

I love those rolls of the old “Smarties” candy. I buy bags of them and can eat about 10 rolls at once. lol Childhood candy memories.

Yetanotheruser's avatar

The childhood candy I still love is the Caramel rolls with the white stuff in the middle.

^^^ Oooh, yes, those are good too! and Brachs neopolitan coconut candies.

cazzie's avatar

The orange coloured candy called Circus Peanuts has a special place in my heart. It reminds me of my father. I brought a bag to pass around at my father’s inturnment. It was well received with knowing smiles while we waited.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@cazzie My grandfather loved Circus Peanuts. I wanted to be just like him so I ate those all the time as a kid. Ugghh.

AshLeigh's avatar

My vocal poetry obsession is getting out of hand.

AshLeigh's avatar

As all obsessions go, I am spending a bit too much time on it.

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

@Adirondackwannabe I don’t know. I had obsessions I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with, and that might be a little worse.:)

Adirondackwannabe's avatar

That was supposed to be @AshLeigh .

I LOVE chocolate covered raisins! munch munch

and HATE the buzzer on the *&#$%(!!! dryer. This stupid machine I can’t get it to turn off. lol

Yetanotheruser's avatar

I was 6’ 1” in 1967, but now I’m 5’ 11½”.

@Yetanotheruser Well..better than being 5’3 and shrinking to 5’0. like I probably will. Shrinkage sucks. I’m going to be of those little old ladies whose chin is flush with the bottom of the steering wheel. Get outta my way…bah! lol

AshLeigh's avatar

I really enjoy the Dick Van Dyke Show.

Katz22's avatar

A random fact about me hmm… I am very good at keeping secrets.

Yetanotheruser's avatar

I once played the part of Tevye in a production of Fiddler On The Roof!

I’m white, middle class and privileged .

^^^ LOL

I was white, middle class and privileged, well..I am still white. haha
Inside joke between @Dutchess_III and I.

Fact… I have a 22 lb. cat, not fat, named “Myles.” See his precious face in my avatar.

It might suprise some people, those who know me, that I found this video freaking HILARIOUS!

AshLeigh's avatar

Mountain Dew Throwback is my life blood.