WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

If I were to say terrible actor/actress, who would immediately come to your mind?

Asked by WillWorkForChocolate (22623 points ) February 8th, 2013

Inspired by ucme’s question.

They make you cringe, you actively avoid their movies, their picture is next to “godawful” in the dictionary. Who are they?

Keanu & Madonna, what a pair of fucking wooden muppets!

ramona29's avatar

lol @ ucme

Judi's avatar

Ronald Reagan, Arnold Scheweitzeneger.

livelaughlove21's avatar

So many…

Megan Fox is probably my least favorite. Although, she did say one of my favorite movie quotes in Jennifer’s Body. “It smells like Thai food in here. We’re you guys fucking?”

But other that, she’s a horrible actress.

@ramona29 “There’s a bomb on the bus!” Yeah, on Madonna’s tour bus hopefully.
Hey, welcome to fluther by the way :¬)

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Okay, a few of you might murder me over this, but I usually can’t stand Adam Sandler.

SomeoneElse's avatar

Kate Winslet I find awful.

wildpotato's avatar

Mary Lynn Rajskub. She was awful in 24 as Chloe – I would imagine the director stopping the scene and saying to her, Ok Mary Lynn, that was good but we need you to run the line again, only even faster and with less emotion – and on Mr. Show she always reminded me of that one terrible unfunny girl in our college sketch comedy troop. I will grudgingly admit that she was alright in Sunshine Cleaning.

@WillWorkForChocolate Other than Punch Drunk Love, I agree with you. But he was really, really good in that. And Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are just classics. The newer stuff seems godawful, though. Relevant at :51.

livelaughlove21's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate Nah, I have no strong feelings either way for him. Billy Madison certainly never had a shot in hell to receive an Oscar, that’s for sure, but it does sit in my DVD collection.

flutherother's avatar

I don’t like Nicholas Cage apart from in Kick Ass for which he was perfect.

CWOTUS's avatar

Sarah Jessica Parker

Jamie Lee Curtis – at the top of the list of horrible actors.

Sarah Jessica Parker is a close second.

Male actors: I’d have to go with Sasha Baron Cohen.

rojo's avatar

Whose the guy who played in “Elf”. I detest his character so I don’t watch his films. He was also one of my least liked SNL characters.

Mama_Cakes's avatar

Keanu Reeves

tedibear's avatar

Adam Sandler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey. Waiting for the rotten veggies to fly my way.

SadieMartinPaul's avatar

Tom Cruise. Cybill Shepherd (mercifully, she gave up acting a while ago).

WestRiverrat's avatar

Of the current actors/actresses, I can’t think of one that I like enough to go see at the theater, and the ones I would rent a movie to see are all retired or dead. I would have to say all of them.

tups's avatar

Orlando Bloom, Ben Stiller, Tom Cruise, Keira Knightley, Daniel Radcliffe (he was good as a child though, but then he grew up and became a bad actor) is what I can think of at the moment.

mazingerz88's avatar

Godzilla ( roaring is not acting bitch! )

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

@wildpotato I have to agree on Happy Gilmore. That’s the only one of his that I like.

Bellatrix's avatar

Nicole Kidman.

Tom Cruise.

They were a perfect bad acting match.

Yeahright's avatar

@Pachyderm_In_The_Room Great list except I love Hugh Grant…so cute. LOL for 28–29-30 the Baldwin Bros. (sans Alec of course) hehe…

jordym84's avatar

Kristen Stewart (I’m surprised she hadn’t been mentioned yet), Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, and Megan Fox for now. I’ll update my list if anyone else comes to mind.

Pachy's avatar

Hey, @jordym84, Kristen Stewart was my first choice but I wound up using a list that excluded her. I totally agree about Adam Sandler except for one movie, which I thought he was excellent in: “Funny People.” He was perfect for the role and I think well directed.

Shippy's avatar

Salma Hayek
Penelope Cruz
Tom Cruise
John Cuzack and his funny sister (ugh)
Jenifer Lopez
Gwyneth Paltrow

tups's avatar

@jordym84 Have you seen Reign Over Me?

Yeahright's avatar

@Pachyderm_In_The_Room Kristen Stewart is #23 on the list you linked.

Kardamom's avatar

Amanda Seyfried especially in Mama Mia.

Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds. He always seems to be doing a bad, constipated impersonation of someone doing a bad impersonation of William Shatner (who I love).

ccrow's avatar

Steven Seagal (shudder)
Although I also cannot stand Will Ferrell.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

Ick, Well Ferrell is definitely another bad one.

josie's avatar

Put me down for Keanu Reeves as well

Bellatrix's avatar

Or Revolutionary Road @Adagio. I think Kate’s a fine actress. This is a very subjective debate though. I’m sure some people love Nicole Kidman.

CWOTUS's avatar

I thought the horse Alex Karras punched in Blazing Saddles was pretty fake. Alex didn’t hit him that hard; it was an obvious dive.

Katniss's avatar

I’m resurrecting this question because its a good one and I missed it the first time around.

How is it that nobody has mentioned Kate Beckinsale? That bitch is a total hack.
I also dislike Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, James Spader, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, and Katie Holmes.

I’m confused by all the Adam Sandler hate. That man is a comic genius. I love Will Farrell too.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

I think my dislike of Adam Sandler stems from the fact that despite his comic genius, he chooses to act like a five year old dumbass in a lot of his movies. He doesn’t make me laugh, he just makes me change the channel. When I want to watch his type of humor, I just watch my children play.

tups's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate Have you seen the movie Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler? He is really good in that one.

WillWorkForChocolate's avatar

No, I haven’t seen it. After becoming disgusted with him, I haven’t watched anything he takes part in for years. Even the commercials for his upcoming movies are stupid and make me roll my eyes or change the channel.

tups's avatar

@WillWorkForChocolate I agree that he has made a looot of crap! This movie is not a comedy at all and he is not any fun. It’s a really good movie, actually. I think you’ll see him in a different light. I did.

chelle21689's avatar

Kristen Stewart and Camilla belle

OneBadApple's avatar

I’m worried about being able to pay the sod installation guy on Thursday and somewhere, Adam Sandler is sleeping on a mountain of thousand-dollar bills…

So who am I to judge these people ?