Am I acting out of line/can legal action be taken against me?
Firstly; this will be a ridiculously brief summary of how this came about.
- My girlfriend one night tells me she’s pregnant before I have to leave to go back home, I tell her I’ll be behind her and support her every step of the way and we both mutually agree that abortion is the best choice for us at this point in our lives and for the sake of it’s. She claims she’s 22 weeks in but doesn’t look it at all.
– I come back home and grow attached to the child as she has me speak to it over Skype by having the headset on her belly. She refuses to take any pictures of the growth of her, but shows a suspicious set of ultrasound pictures to me. I buy it.
– Eventually one night (about 3 weeks later) we’re talking over Skype and she freezes up and says her water broke and goes to the hospital, we talk on our cellphones on her drive there, she is crying and saying she is sorry, a few hours later when she can use her phone again and had the child without any sort of drugs to help her she is talking fine like nothing happened and it didn’t hurt much.
– The next day I’m at school and get a text from her saying her phone is dying and then one saying that the child passed away and her phone dies, there is no contact between us for about 5 days and I am throwing up in grief.
– I talk to two close friends about the matter who help me search for the hospital she’s in and she is no where to be found, but eventually she contacts me back and doesn’t seem too shaken about the loss of the baby.
– I plan to get out there not even two weeks later, dropping a ton of stuff to comfort her and have us be together in our time of need.
– I find a picture on a facebook profile of an inside joke we have at an anime convention while she’d have been giving birth and ask her about it- she offers up a terrible excuse saying she had her friend do it. (like she planned the birth?)
– I ignore it and stay loyal to her, eventually I get there and we’re having a good time being with eachother again and there is no sorrow about the child at this point from her aside from a frown while we’re in stores near baby clothes.
– I find pictures of her at the con while there on her computer one night when she was away at dinner with some relatives, but don’t confront her about them since she is my only way to get back to the airport and get back home
– a few days after getting home I contact a friend of hers that she had assured me was ‘just a platonic friendship’ which I later find out she has had sex with many many times while we were together. She freaks out the moment I say hi to him- my intentions were merely to get to know him but she refuses to talk to anyone for a few days.
– The friend and I talk openly about her and he tells me many things such as she’s faked a pregnancy with him and 3 other guys, and that he’s sorry she cheat on me with him- he was told by her many times she wasn’t with anyone, and that she wasn’t pregnant at all. We contact her mother who’s prepping for a move to England and she seems leery of everything but hears us out.
– about 2 weeks later she gets mad at me over nothing and refuses to talk again but then says she has something to say but wants to wait until I can’t document it at all… so I agree and carry on with life; planning to be done with her after she says what she has to say
– she doesn’t say much of anything but begins to call my phone about 8 or 9 times at ridiculous hours begging for me to call, so I do and she lies directly to my face more about it and eventually says she had an abortion. I stood sturdy during all of this conversation because I’ve been rather fed up with the whole situation and I’m disgusted with her lying.
– Now I’m getting subtly threatening emails from her mother telling me I need to talk to her because I “don’t understand how serious this is”
– I’ve been ignoring her calls and her mother’s emails because I really want nothing more to do with them, there is no way she was pregnant, and I can’t fathom why her mother is so devoted to defending her daughter when we have proof that she lied about these things.
I’m wondering if there’s any legal action they can take upon me, and if I’m just being an asshole by trying to stay away from it.
This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.