General Question

gravity's avatar

Can I buy a cable with two Mini 5-Pin Type B ends?

Asked by gravity (3116points) October 30th, 2010

I need a cable with the same ends like this to connect an MP3 player to my iPod docking station. It is a sandisk mp3 player I want to also listen to on my altec lansing docking station but I can’t find a cable with 2 of the same ends. Any suggestions on how to word the search for this? or where I may find them?


Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

2 Answers

gravity's avatar

In the link I give, I need two with the smaller connections shown in the pic.

Vortico's avatar

Your intended setup may not work using a USB cable. USB-B cables usually connect to slave devices while standard USB cables usually connect to hosts. You could buy a TRS male 1/8’’ to 1/8’’ cable if your dock has a 1/8” input.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther