General Question

gambitking's avatar

What should I do about my TV / Blu-Ray player Sound issues?

Asked by gambitking (4206points) June 3rd, 2014

I have a 32” HDTV in my bedroom, hooked up to a basic Blu Ray Player (among other things) via HDMI cable. But when I watch movies on it, the dialogue sound is really soft but the effects and music are loud.

So I found out that the solution lies in being able to control the sound channels – such as center and peripheral channels – as with a sound system. But I have no idea what to get that would remedy this.

Do I need a full system? Do I need a receiver? Can i get by with just a Sound Bar? I have no idea, so can anyone advise me?

My budget for this is about $150.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

Tropical_Willie's avatar

You need a full system and I do not know of any speakers and amps for under $100.

dabbler's avatar

Your TV should be able to make better sense of it but… apparently not.
Are there different sound modes available on the TV?

If you go with a sound bar or amp/speakers make sure your TV has an audio ouput that is compatible. If you can, use optical digital audio out from the TV to the amp/bar.
A soundbar or amp/speakers will probably sound way better than the TV anyway once you get them to work.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther