Social Question

trickface's avatar

What is this strange kitchen device we found?

Asked by trickface (2341points) August 30th, 2014

Just started preparing a meal in our apartment room in an Edinburgh hotel, found this in the drawer alongside a bottle opener.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

7 Answers

talljasperman's avatar

Maybe a can opener or a nut cracker.

janbb's avatar

Looks like it’s for opening a jar lid that is tightly screwed on.

trickface's avatar

when you squeeze the handle, the 4 small sharp circles in the centre tighten inwards so as to grip, and there is also a hole at the top of the device that would be able to probably fit over a wine cork

janbb's avatar

So sounds like a wine bottle opener then.

ARE_you_kidding_me's avatar

Champagne actually.

dappled_leaves's avatar

It looks like some kind of universal opener, aka multi opener.

ragingloli's avatar

It is a semiautomatic circumciser.

Answer this question




to answer.
Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther