General Question

Tennis5tar's avatar

Is there an online retailer that ships American food products to the UK that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Asked by Tennis5tar (1263points) July 18th, 2008
Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

3 Answers

pixiequeen12's avatar

Why would you want American food products? Which ones, more specifically, are you looking for?

Tennis5tar's avatar

Lucky charms, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, other things. It’s mainly because I want to get something cool for my sister’s birthday. By cool I mean get her some things that she misses since she moved back home after 5 years at Uni in the States. I’d like to try some of the stuff she keeps raving about too!

Seesul's avatar

Any chance you can nab someone coming over for a visit? Ask around, you might be surprised. I know the dilemma. though because my son likes a specific kind of marmalade and we do have a British goods store here, but it costs me an arm and a leg. I will splurge on some Cadbury Roses for his next birthday, though. Very clever of them to sell the at the Duty Free shop at Heathrow. You can make peanut butter cups on your own, though. Or try a recipe for Buckeyes. Same taste but easier (I think). The reason that they are called this is because you leave a patch of PB showing when you dip them and they resemble buckeyes. They are named for the Ohio Buckeye and it’s a tradition there. You can also just dip them the entire way if that’s easier for you.

What a sweet brother to even think of a gift like that!

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther