General Question

btko's avatar

How is Teflon applied to products?

Asked by btko (2816points) July 29th, 2008

I’ve been searching awhile and I can find out what Teflon is but not how it is applied. I’m wondering is it a clear-coat that is sprayed or a thin layer of polymer?

I think my rug and chesterfield have Teflon coating… so I am guessing a clear coat spray of some kind.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

gailcalled's avatar

The original spray-on product for raincoats, rugs, upholstery, etc. was Scotchgard,.

It contains Teflon and should not be inhaled. I don’t know how it is applied to non-stick cooking ware, but I would avoid that also.

Seesul's avatar

Here you go!
this was harder to find than I thought it would be

Zaku's avatar

And here I always assumed it was tefled on.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther