General Question

mil's avatar

How does one claim the 300/600 dollar college student tax refund?

Asked by mil (4points) April 10th, 2008

i am a college student, and hate doing taxes. I know students are being kicked 300 or 600 dollars this year. what do i need to do to make sure i get this? also, i am a part time student, will that void my kicker?
any information helps.

Observing members: 0 Composing members: 0

4 Answers

Bsilver's avatar

Try a search next time, a rebate question was already asked in a different form early yesterday. and click on “rebate questions?” at the top if the page, it explains what you need.

And welcome to Fluther.

Randy's avatar

Its not just going to students. Its going to everyone that made a over and under a certain amount of money. It will be passed out by mail. Welcome to fluther.

sinscriven's avatar

All you have to do is file this year. Even if you didn’t make any money.
If you put in your bank account numbers in the filing, you’ll get a direct deposit next month. If you make them mail it to you, expect it from May to July, depending on the last two numbers of your SSN.

So suck it up and get that 1040EZ or 1040 in by the 15th.

Michael's avatar

If you are claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return (say, your parents, for example), which many, if not most, college students are then you will not be getting the rebate check.

Your parents, however, will get an extra $300 because every family will get $300 per child, so maybe you can get some of that.

Answer this question




to answer.

This question is in the General Section. Responses must be helpful and on-topic.

Your answer will be saved while you login or join.

Have a question? Ask Fluther!

What do you know more about?
Knowledge Networking @ Fluther